Our Independent Directions program helps young people to negotiate the teenage years, which can be a daunting time. There are many things at play that mean it’s now more complicated than ever before – things like:
- developing a sense of self
- making new friends
- handling peer pressure
- schoolyard interactions, and
- using social media.
That’s why our Independent Directions program helps teenagers, and children transitioning into the critical teenage years, to develop the skills and capacity for social inclusion and independence.
Whether it’s bowling, wall climbing, laser skirmish or another fun local activity, the idea is to break down barriers and encourage young people to interact, foster friendships and gain confidence.
Independent Directions events:
- are held on the first Friday of each month
- are perfect for any young person keen to experience independent activities
- run over four hours, from 4pm until 8pm, with drop off and pick up from Flinders Therapy House, 143 Daws Road, St Marys