Our people are our most important resource and that’s why it’s very important that we attract the right people to work as part of our team.
Current opportunities will be listed below. Alternatively, we warmly welcome receipt of your resume, as a PDF, via email.
Community Support Worker
As a part of our continued growth strategy and State-wide expansion a unique and exciting opportunity has now become available for multiple Community Support Workers across the Adelaide Metro region to join our highly-motivated team.
About Inclusive Directions:
Inclusive Directions is a not-for-profit, independent boutique organisation with a 30-year history of promoting and supporting children’s inclusion across a range of settings including education, care and community. We offer individual assistance to children, coaching for staff, and direct support to families and children to build their skills and capacity. We advocate for and support strong communities through our programs, services and training.
Inclusive Directions delivers services across metropolitan Adelaide, and regional South Australia.
Our boutique disability service’s support children with disabilities and developmental disorders through a range of evidence based intensive early intervention therapies, behaviour support within community and educational settings and a range of social support programs, such as our innovative school readiness program.
About the Role
Hourly rate of pay in line with the Social Community Home care and Disability Services Award.
We are seeking applications from experienced Community Support Workers to work within both young adult and children’s services across metropolitan Adelaide, Western Suburbs and Eastern Suburbs.
Inclusive Directions employs efficient administration staff who take care of bookings and payments. However, it is an important requirement of this role to meet targeted support hours and maintain and record accurate statistical data and shift notes on the client record management system.
We also provide exciting fun group programs for children and you will be an integral part of implementing social skills, behaviour management, and other functional aspects of these groups to further facilitate our families to achieve their goals for their children, and promoting their engagement within their community.
These critical support roles include:
- Promoting and supporting participation in age appropriate activities and tasks including social groups, in-home supports and community access
- Supporting clients to access various activities and events outside of the home environment
- Providing personal care in line with the specifications outlined within the service plan
- Supporting clients to develop independent living skills based on step by step goals as outlined in the service plan and as developed with the specialist therapy team
- Medication management as required
- Monitoring the safety and wellbeing of all our valued clients
- Completing all documentation as required in a timely manner
To become a part of our highly valued team at Inclusive Directions you will need the following as a minimum:
- Full Australian Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Relevant DCSI Screening Verification/s
- 12 months experience in a similar role
- 2 relevant reference checks
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Disability preferred
If you are passionate and committed to supporting our clients to ensure they can live their lives the way they choose, then we would love to hear from you.
A covering letter and CV should be sent to [email protected]