When it comes to giving a child the very best start in life, there’s plenty of evidence to reinforce the value that comes with early intervention – and that’s why Inclusive Directions has worked with experts and families to develop the Little Steps program to assist youngsters in their early learning journey.
We are particularly proud to be able to offer Little Steps, as an early intervention program, to South Australian families and help children to learn kindy readiness skills in a small group setting.
Within this setting children learn critical play, communication and social skills, including how to:
– Greet peers upon entry to the group setting;
– Transition between activities, including both group and independent play activities;
– Make appropriate requests for help or assistance from peers and therapists;
– Take turns and wait in a small group;
– Work together as a team and assist peers in a small group; and
– Use their words and expressive language within relevant contexts and to serve a specific function.
If the longest of journey’s starts with the smallest of steps, these our Little Steps program gets children on the right path to succeed.
This exciting and innovative program is led by Inclusive Directions Clinical Director, Tanya O’Neil, and a Senior Behaviour Therapist each week for ten weeks, and is timed to perfectly align with School Terms 1 and 3 in 2017.
This benchmark early intervention program provides children with an opportunity to expand those skills developed through traditional, 1:1 therapeutic interventions to a small group setting, in preparation for entry into child care or kindergarten environments.
To register your interest for our 2017 programs, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 7325 8600.